Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Inside Clare's Wardrobe

February: Love to love......My Sailor Spy dress.  Made of viscose, its as comfortable as PJs but more socially acceptable at parties. 
(Whaitangi Day Party)
Black merino cardi and beaded belt - Max outlet
Dress - Sailor Spy
Pounamu - gift
This week I'm shaking it up a bit.  For your reading pleasure I've interviewed Clare of Green Valley Crafts.  She is the original instigator of Wardrobe Wednesdays, a busy Mum, student and one very stylish chick.

Don't forget to do the linky at the end and share what you're wearing today.

So Clare, what do you do?  I'm a mother and wife, a blogger, and a student (of library and information studies)
What are your most favourite pieces in your wardrobe and why?  Currently I'm really into dresses.  I love that I only have to pull one piece out of my wardrobe, and then maybe add a cardigan if it's chilly.  It's so easy for busy days, but I still feel like I look nice!   
What is the hardest working item in your wardrobe? Probably a simple black cardigan I've had for years.  It's great, it has been washed and washed but still looks new.  It gets worn at least once a week, and works with all my brooches.

What is your latest acquisition?  A $5 thrifted skirt (which when I got home I realised was made of liberty fabric!), which I re-styled to fit me. 

If there were three words to describe your outlook on fashion and style they would be:  Original, feminine and I have to admit, Comfy!

How do you achieve your look (do you buy/ thrift/ upcycle/ make?)  I do all of these!  I love a good thrift score, two of my favourite dresses this summer are second hand.   I also make my own clothes, but since my daughter was born I must admit I've been making for her, rather than for me.  I buy staple items from shops such as Farmers, Postie Plus and Glassons.  I've only recently worked out that I'd rather wear plainer clothes, with less bright colours, and add the pop to an outfit via some great shoes, jewellery, scarf or other accessory.   

Anything you’re wishing for/lusting after at the moment?  I must say I'm thinking about Autumn/Winter already!  I really need a new jacket this year, and I'd love a new pair of shoes or boots, but I'm not sure they'll be in the budget.
Pinned Image
via Green Valley's Pinterest Board, via Etsy
What are some of your favourite designers/labels?  I don't really know much about 'proper' designers or labels.  I love the femininity of Trelise Cooper, the quirky flamboyance of Annah Stretton and the freshness of Papercup.    I also like to browse websites like felt or etsy for makers and creators of style!

Who is your style icon?   Rather than a celebrity, I'd say that it's people round blogland, (Elsie of A Beautiful Mess , Cb of Citybirds nest, and Rhiannon of Toast and Life for just a few examples...) or people on pinterest that inspire me.  I like to pick and mix ideas.  I don't want to look like anyone else.  

If you want to join in this week....
Add you link below and be sure to check out what everybody else is wearing.  You can grab this button to add to your post if you like.  Linky is open until next Tuesday.  Everyone who links up is automatically entered in this month's prize draw.



5 comments:

  1. Yay! I really enjoyed reading the interview.

    And you might notice I featured the rainbow shoes this week! Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, i feel so NOSEY looking inside Clare's wardrobe!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post and looking through Clare's wardrobe. Love that pink on you Nin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh that's ME! So stoked to be an inspiration to someone, thanks Clare!

    I've just done my post for today, it is up over here: http://toastclothing.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/wardrobe-wednesday-31-weeks.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee, funny reading my own interview!! Thanks Nin! x

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank you for your comment, its so nice to hear from you.....