Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wardrobe Wednesday: Love to Love You

Wardrobe Wednesday: Three parts fun, two parts inspiration and one part prizes
Cardi - Thrifted
Brooch - Cotton Kiwi
Singlet embellished with doily - me!
Belt - Shanton
Skirt - Sailor Spy


This month's theme is Love to Love You.  Being February the theme was a no brainer really (albeit slightly cheesy).  I want to encourage you bring out your most favourite piece....perhaps get inspired to wear it a new way?  Take a photo, write a post telling my why you love it so much and add your link in the comments.        I love my full circle skirt - its so swishy, it makes me happy!

Clare from Green Valley Crafts has graciously agreed to be my guest judge this month.  Many of you know her well as she started this whole thing rolling last year.  Clare kindly allowed me to interview her (I'll publish this next week) and she has made this gorgeous Hoop 'o Love featuring vintage liberty fabric for this months prize squeeee
This month's prize - handcrafted Hoop o' Love by Clare of Green Valley Crafts
Now speaking of prizes, drumroll please........my most favourite post of last month, and winner of the bottle of Aroma Oil is.......
http://dee-construction.blogspot.com

I can't wear orange with my skin tone, but the colour is perfect for Dee - the skinny belt takes this 1970's pattern right up to date.  It was such a close run thing that I have to give two honourable mentions:

Wardrobe Wednesday
http://taliachristine.blogspot.com/
Talia Christine - love the boots, love the dress, love that she kept it simple with the hair; and

http://lostseamstress.blogspot.com
 The Lost Seamstress - I just adore these handmade brooches on a crisp white shirt

I guess it just goes to show that you out there in blogland are a bunch of very stylish, inspiring and resourceful girls.  Thank you everybody for joining in and I hope you can continue to do so.

If you want to join in this week....
I've worked out linky tools!  Add you link below and be sure to check out what everybody else is wearing.  You can grab this button to add to your post if you like.  Linky is open until next Tuesday.  Everyone who links up is automatically entered in this month's prize draw.




 Pin It

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE you outfit Nin, I can see why the skirt is a fave. The picture of Dee is absolutely beautiful. Lets see if I can get my act together and join in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute photos - love that doily tee! And my swishy skirt makes me happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurruh for Dee!! And I love your outfit for today!!
    (also I think you emailed me about Wardrobe wednessday the other day, but my phone deleted it!? So i am sorry I havn't replied!! )

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmy, i LOVE your outfit! so cute...the colours, the doily, the belt. delicious :)

    and thank you...really XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous outfit Nin, I need to make more of an effort in future I think, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your outfit! Just posted mine above - it worked with no hiccups, yay! Have a brilliant long weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look super gorgeous! What a fantastic skirt! I am the most crap Wardrobe Wednesday participant in all of history, but I shall endeavour to be less crap this month...(starting next week!)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous all - and sorry about being a day late - dang internet! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful in that top photo! Not that you don't always, but particularly in that one.
    LOVE the outfit!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank you for your comment, its so nice to hear from you.....