Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wardrobe Wednesday

'ello Peeps.
I hope your week is going swimmingly.  Thanks so much to everyone who linked up last week.  Its lovely to pop by and be inspired by what you're wearing and mostly made - such talents!  You don't have to be awesome on a sewing machine to play along...for example its totally cool to rock someone else's handmade work.

Like this week - I'm wearing my new chevron necklace made by Megan of Sly Fox.  We did the pop up shop on the weekend and I couldn't resist doing a swap - one of my willow skirts for necklace, ring and earrings.  Such gorgeousness - I'm sharing with you too (the ring is next months prize - click on the Wardrobe Wednesday tab above to see)






So, this is what I wore yesterday - mostly around home with a quick trip to the library (hence the red lippy). I must explain with that first photo that my three year old daughter was about to do something super naughty just as the camera's self time went off - so the expression is part stern mummy, part smile. 

Skirt: Sailor Spy (handmade by me)
Top: Thrifted
Chevron necklace: handmade by Sly Fox Jewellery
Navy tights: (the coloured ones are in the wash ha!) Glassons
T-bar shoes: Thrifted


This is the last week on the whole handmade theme.  Next week I shall announce the winner.  Shall I remind you what you'll win?


This gorgeous 'Happy" satchel handmade by this month's judge Miriam.

Also, next week we start on a new theme, inspired by.  I've seen a couple of projects going on on the net around Mad Men outfits and Dee started 'Pin real life' so I guess this is an extension of that...

Sometimes is as a simple as picking up a different way of  wearing your scarf, or cutting your fringe or wearing a colour or a style you've never tried before.  Sometimes you see an outfit in a magazine or on the street and the inspiration strikes for a whole new approach to you're wardrobe.

So, from next week name (or a picture is good teeheehee) your inspiration - it could be really specific, or sort of general.  i.e. "I saw this women in the supermarket tie her hair up in a new way so I sort of experimented and got this" or "I'm channelling Lana Del Rey today".

Inspiration can strike anywhere and fashion is about fun and experimentation, not the size of your bank account.  I'm always fascinated by how people put there looks together and what inspires them, please share with me!

Have fun with this - inspiration can be small or it can be top to toe, but don't over think it, 'kay?

If you want to join in this week.... 
Add you link below and be sure to check out what everybody else is wearing.  You can grab this button to add to your post if you like.  Linky is open until next Tuesday.  Everyone who links up is automatically entered in this month's prize draw.








Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Love the photos Nin - you look great and I am cracking up at the smile/stern face in No.1 awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking lovely as always my dear. You rock the smile/ stern look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit, and the Mummy smile is classic

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your red skirt! Great combo with the stripey top.
    I am trying to decide if I am brave enough to attempt making myself a pair of red pants or not... I am - today - sewing my first pair of pants (blue ones) because I want to join in on Wardrobe Wednesday this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look awesome- I striped tee makes everything work in my opinion!

    Glad to have found your linky too!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank you for your comment, its so nice to hear from you.....