Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WW: Hope and Inspiration

Its so wonderful to see so many of you making new things every week, but did you check out Jess' post - man those hot legs, those heels!  Very inspiring.

I'm shopping my wardrobe this week and taking a little inspiration from my Pinterest - specifically


Red lips, bun and forsaking my usual cardi for some relaxed tailoring.  I love a bit of classic French chic and this lass does it well.


I wore this to Stash Rehash (a fundraising market) on Saturday....and speaking of fundraising [Sorry - I'm going to get all serious on you just briefly, but stay with my 'K?], I have offered an up to $200 Sailor Spy wardrobe for supporting Unfolding Hope this month.

From Unfolding Hope's site:
We support grassroots anti-slavery groups around the world: Free the Slaves works with liberators on the frontlines who risk their lives to bring slaves to freedom. They literally knock down doors and help slaves escape. But they also help survivors rebuild their lives, and work for systemic solutions.
Gandhi said "We must be the change we wish to see in the World".  
I can't believe slavery still exists.  What is so sad is that an enslaved person has no rights, they have no voice, they are invisible.  For the seconds it takes you to read this - I am their advocacy, please consider giving up a coffee and a muffin this week and donating $10 it will change someone's world and you might win something.  Thanks!



If you want to join in this week.... 
Add you link below and be sure to check out what everybody else is wearing.  You can grab this button to add to your post if you like.  Linky is open until next Tuesday.  Everyone who links up is automatically entered in this month's prize draw.








Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Great outfit and very inspiring thoughts Nin - good for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, will have to pin this for future! I am finally wearing stripes, always kept away from them and polka dots, now I love them and wear them often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nin! I've been blushing and laughing all day after reading this! He he, thanks so much! I won't be taking part this week because it's been a busy few days - a family reunion at the weekend and my Mum's been in the hospital (she's back home and doing better now, thankfully) - so we're still trying to catch up! I'm looking forward to checking out everyone else's posts though!
    Love your outfit today. I must get me a nice jacket... Love the stripes, red lips and slim jeans with those shoes. Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this look on you! That beautiful jacket really makes it, it's just the perfect length x

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank you for your comment, its so nice to hear from you.....