Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wardrobe Wednesday

'morning all (or should I say 'afternoon! dang I forgot to hit the publish button before I left the house this morning)


I love greys and blues, they bring out my eyes  - trouble is that are not exactly the ideal colours for my skin and I can feel I look a bit pasty.


My solution?  Red lippy - a little colour on the face goes a long way!  If your not a makeup wearer you could try a bright brooch, hat or scarf - anything close to your face to add a little colour.

Is there anything you like to wear that you probably 'shouldn't' and how do you get round it?

Wearing:
Cardi - Glassons
Top and Jeans - Postie
Shoes - Thrifted
Jewellery - all costume vintage passed to my by family members.  
Little triangle necklace - great grandmother's circa 1930's, long pendant - my mother's circa 1980's

If you want to join in this week.... 
Add you link below and be sure to check out what everybody else is wearing.  You can grab this button to add to your post if you like.  Linky is open until next Tuesday.  Everyone who links up is automatically entered in this month's prize draw.












Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, I really like the grey top with the long blue cardi. I can't really wear grey either, but with your tip about lippy I think I could probably pull it off! Your hair is lovely and long and gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How on earth did I forget that it was Wednesday TWO WEEKS in a row? I'm losing my mind with all the excitement for our trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great, by the way! You look so stylish and comfy. And I'm jealous of your hair.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that blue against your hair and the lippy does make it pop. I always think of grey as a universally kind colour! so that's funny, I shouldn't really wear pastels or white or black but you can undo a lot of damage with good make-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with the lippy tip. I love some colours that make me look like I've had food-poisning for three days, and I get away with it by wearing bright red lips (and a little more tint than usual.)Love the understated look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ops I totally forgot to link in - I did my post but forgot that last step! Better late than never as they say! You look awesome as per usual. My sister did my makeup just for fun when we were down in CHCH and put a bright red MAC lipstick on me, I have a decent amount in the lip department and it was full on! I guess I'm just not used to it on me, but I love red lippy and want to experiment more in that way.
    I totally agree about being on the same wavelength too!
    Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank you for your comment, its so nice to hear from you.....