Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Creative Space: Colour block

I'm totally inspired by this chick whose been busy with cowls.  I've ended up with an infinite scarf in a rich chartreuse green.  I could have stopped there but I really love the pop of turquoise for extra fun.

So soft and drapey I might just make another in the green....

...and I have loads of this yarn in chocolate brown I've been wondering what colour would look good for the block/contrast....I keep thinking about lavender - even though purple isn't my favourite colour I want to avoid any 70's colour combos like orange/yellow or dull companions such as beige.  What are you're thoughts?  Do you have better ideas?

What are you creating today.  Pop over
here for a look at some more creative spaces.


Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I am loving the green and turquoise together, gorgeous! The chocolate brown and pink will totally work although I would also love to see the brown with the turquoise as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lilac/chocolate combo, love it! Even if it's not typically your colour I'd still try it, you might find you surprise yourself and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the 'pop' of turquoise love love love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pop of turquoise - gorgeous. I also think the lavender goes well with the brown. I'm thinking of a type of blue as well, but I can't think how to describe it... Imagine mixing navy with a bit of white? Light navy? Or maybe even the colour of your beautiful blue tunic you wore for WW remix?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's gorgeous! I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about mint green? Choc mint has a ring to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's just beautiful, the pop of turquoise just makes it I think! It's so unexpected..love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh I am unsure if my comment went thru...Anywayyyy I was saying it's beautiful. The pop of turquoise is so unexpected and absolutely makes it, I think. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been living in my cowl scarf, it's a similar design to yours but not as nice...I scored it brand new from st vinnies for 50 cents though whoop!
    how about keeping with last weeks theme and a pop of neon? hmmmm...theres probably a reason I'm not a designer hehe

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank you for your comment, its so nice to hear from you.....