Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sneak Peak: what's up in the workroom

So health has dictated that life and business be a bit topsy turvy lately, but I am starting to regain some of the energy and vigour I'm used to.

Sadly quite not enough vigour to stand at the dining room table and cut patterns for long, but enough to work with my hands on small projects

I came across this tutorial* which uses felt.  I've made it in soft leather with a subtle pearlised sheen.

I have come to love working with leather.  And any chance to upcycle some vintage buttons is a good idea (my collection is ridiculous).


Find these little beauties in this shop or that


Linking in with other creative spaces over here

*with a creative commons license which allows me to adapt to my own taste and make these available to sell - thanks HonestlyWTF.com!


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of the look and the button is a perfect addition....

    CLaire :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - awesome Nin. These turned out brilliantly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little collar! Hope your energy returns soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! What beautiful work :) I have a thing for collars and made some myself in fabric last year - they are just so gorgeous. Yours are extra special - love the scallop edging particularly :) Kx

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank you for your comment, its so nice to hear from you.....