Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wardrobe Wednesday: Animal

So trends - they come and go right?  Some you know aren't going to be around long, but they will flit in and out of style every few years....like animal print.  With these kinds of trends I prefer to work them into everyday looks with cheap (or free) accessories rather than investing in garments.

This week's accessories are courtesy of a wardrobe swap with a friend many years ago (bag) and a box of my mother's accessories we're storing in the garage.  I know you won't mind Mum, but now that I've posted this I am expecting a call along the lines of "So that's were my scarf got to - do you mind posting it..."

I've also found that the animal print provides that perfect connecting with marle grey (which I love but can wash me out) and my newly bronzed hair.  Are you giving animal print a little space in your wardrobe?

I couldn't help it - my husband was throwing some pretty silly modelling poses just off camera

A favourite Principals mock snakeskin bag

Raided my mother's wardrobe (!) for this animal print scarf
Enjoying a little winter sunshine at Hagley Park

Cardi:  Glassons
Tee and Jeans: Postie Plus
Boots: Andrea Biani

Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm linking up again for the first time in AAAGES!
    Can I just say that you look super skinny in that outfit! Very flattering (or was it just a super talented photographer?!?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. until recently I have been a complete animal print phob....yet, blame it on the 'trend factor' I sit here today in my favourite snakeskin printed flats ($6 warehouse oooyeah) and even cheater print undies! shhhhh ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raiding Mum's wardrobe - comes up with a few surprises, I have always found! You look great today, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the grey, purple animal combo (definitely going to copy that look). I'm a late adopter of animal and agree my print scarf is a fav - as a scarf or belt. Wish I could raid my mum's wardrobe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We grew up with a mother who told us that animal prints were "cheap" and now occasionally wears them herself - time's change! I love them in shades of neutral and gray and in an understated way like in your scarf. Your outfit is very supermodel incognito - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We grew up with a mother who told us that animal prints were "cheap" and now occasionally wears them herself - time's change! I love them in shades of neutral and gray and in an understated way like in your scarf. Your outfit is very supermodel incognito - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, Love that first pic - you look adorable!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank you for your comment, its so nice to hear from you.....