Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wardrobe Wednesday: Dreamy Winter Sunshine

On days like this with the sun shining I yearn to wear pretty light dresses.....so with this in mind I guess my ultimate winter essential is cardigans - preferably merino, and lots of them in order to extend the wear of all my summer favourites.
  
I've always loved the look of the ethereal mixed with the practical - you know - sturdy boots with pale floaty dresses.  

I've kept my accessories understated with a whimsical 'nature' theme.  The silver and art clay brooch has a leaf imprint in it.  It was made for me last year by the very talented Christina Lowry.  And that's not the best part - I'll let you go and check out her other pieces for an idea of how she styles the backs.  Lets just say that mine has a motif with my profession in mind.

The glass bottle is another Sly Fox piece - the eggs inside are handcrafted - just the detail she has achieved on this teeny tiny scale is delightful. 




Today is subtle nod to the coming summer trends (pastels, spots and stripes are gonna be big)


Credits: Cardi - Country Road
Dress - Aztec Rose
Boots - I love Billy
Necklace - Sly Fox
Brooch - Christina Lowry Design

If you want to join in this week.... 
Add you link below and be sure to check out what everybody else is wearing.  You can grab this button to add to your post if you like.  Linky is open until next Tuesday.  








9 comments:

  1. love the mix of hard and soft too - this looks great on you. also linky isn't there??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to compliment you on your outfit yesterday, but I think that I completely forgot (oops sorry!) I love the way you mixed up practical and ethereal and the heart patches on the elbows make me smile every time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look amazing !!!
    I HEART boots - seriously I own 6 pairs of long boots and still crave more!
    Dresses LOVE
    Yummy Mummy LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this look nin. i'm with you on the cardigan love, i have zillions, in all different colours, but i have none with elbow patches (I really want elbow patches, and long hair now!) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Max! There is a template to download if you want to patch up some elbows here http://sailorspy.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/heart-on-my-sleeve-pinspiration.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pretty dress with the cozy extras! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merino is just essential to feel like you're not trapped in a blanket all winter! It's REALLY hard to come by in Holland and very expensive. Glad I brought all mine over. I really love the dress. Lace is just all-time feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merino is just essential to feel like you're not trapped in a blanket all winter! It's REALLY hard to come by in Holland and very expensive so I'm glad I brought all mine over. I really love the dress. Lace is just all-time feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute outfit. Love that you are wearing the brooch too! Thanks for the mention. :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank you for your comment, its so nice to hear from you.....