Monday, September 17, 2012

Secrets

This weekend I put down my sewing shears and took up a crowbar.  I got a weeks worth of workout in the space of two days, I can tell you!


We were rewarded as the little cottage gave up one of her secrets on Saturday.  Phew!!  It was a good one, not a 'big patch of rot' or 'dead rat' type secret.



Oh my - those native timber floors are perfect.......hidden away under layers of carpet and 1930's vinyl.

And on Sunday - lo!  We found out the room we were working in would have been the kitchen in Victorian times.  This is a mere taste of what we found:


One problem though:


no more room in the skip!  And so much more to dump. *sigh*

Back to the cutting table today, I have Brightwater blouses and Brief Encounter dresses and some other pre orders to make.

Is it wrong to be hankering to get back to the cottage?  I can't wait to see Holly's schemes for the space.  She is a trained Interior Designer don't you know.   Maybe she will let me share with you.  I shall ask.

6 comments:

  1. Love the wooden floors and that tile is gorgeous!! Can't wait to see what other treasures you've found

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'm so excited for you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! It's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's changed LOADS since I saw it on Saturday- just look at all that beautiful sunlight flooding the place and the gorgeous floor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see I should have been following along on this blog.... congrats on your new project, it looks like it will be a lot of hard work, but also fun discovering its secrets ") Oh and congrats on your runway success...the clothes look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh me oh my that tile
    I'm loving your passion for this cottage

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank you for your comment, its so nice to hear from you.....