Thursday, September 20, 2012

Staying on track

Yesterday Holly and I met up for lunch and we went over all our ideas for Orange Tree Cottage.

Its the first time I've done a full scale renovation like this so its a little hard not to go crazy with every idea I have ever pinned on pinterest.  Rather like designing a collection the only way I find is to get it all out there on paper and start taking elements away until you end up with something resembling 'sane'.


So, this mood board is where out heads are at in terms of the showroom space at the moment.

Oh but there is a little bit more demo and quite a bit more reno before we get to the pretty stage, so it will probably evolve somewhat.  Still its nice to have something pretty and tangible to aim for right?

What do you do when you have a big project or goal in mind to help you achieve it?  I'd love to hear any tips or anecdotes you have on your renovation journeys.  I am a total greenhorn - super keen, but not that knowledgeable.  In fact the bruise I have on my knuckles from repeatedly whacking them with a hammer is just about healed ready for the onslaught next weekend. 

4 comments:

  1. So super exciting Nin!!! I'm about as un DIY as it comes so no advice here!!

    All the best for next weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeee! I'm so excited about your cottage! I love all your ideas on your mood board. The only renovation I've done is stripping wallpaper and painting walls but the sense of achievement you get when you've finished is amazing and long-lasting. You will get so much satisfaction out of working at the Orange Tree Cottage from knowing that it truly is YOUR space. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nin, somehow I missed this until just now! What awesome news - you're in for a big ride, but it will be amazing.

    My one bit of learned it the hard way advice is don't go for plywood shelving, unless you are prepared to thoroughly sand and varnish it. It is so hard to dust!

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you were able to create that vision using WORD! I'm so excited to see what happens with this wonderful renovation!! Exciting times ahead!

    :) Hazel
    www.hazellovesdesign.com

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank you for your comment, its so nice to hear from you.....