Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Better and better

I did promise you some better photos. After our opening day on December 8th the showroom has continued to evolve.

There is still a list of silly little renovation tasks to complete and more machinery to move down, but I love that as you wander through the door a large window affords you a peek into my workroom

I was overcome with an incredible sense of peace as I worked away last Saturday.  This space is filled with light and the sounds of the trees swishing in the wind and city noises beyond.  I like that this little place is tucked away, but still in touch with 'the hustle and the bustle'.
I can't wait to set up my industrial machinery, but for now I'm making do with a more portable option; cutting in the studio and doing more major sewing runs at home.  Its a juggle and I look forward to the day when everything is in one place!

This coming Friday and Saturday I shall be open 10-4 as usual.  If you can't face the mall you might want to wander around the studio...

Then will be closed for a little break over the Christmas/New Year period.  I shall reopen on January 4th 2013.







A joyful Christmas to you and yours.  Thank you for all your support in 2012.  2013 will bring some really exciting developments for the Cottage.  I have ideas to get a Designer's Market in the space, exhibitions by local designers and artists, musical and visual performances.  This is only the beginning friends....

10 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous Nin - I'll try to pop in Friday and give you some body time!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so gorgeous! Will have to put it on my list of MUST VISIT places when we're down next year! Along with Make Cafe!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nin it is absolutely bright cheery and beautiful I love it !!
    Well done you

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fantastic - I can imagine the bliss of working in this space. Well done you! And all the best for next year! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so, soooooo lovely. Colour me both a little jealous and VERY proud. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It blows me away what you have achieved in such a short time. Well done you! It is so beautiful and I can see that its going to be a place of much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful space...may the coming year bring all you dream of. x

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank you for your comment, its so nice to hear from you.....